Tuesday, April 1, 2008

(untitled)

Since that fateful Sunday, I had been visiting the doctor every 2 days to have that wound cleaned & bandaged.
Last Sunday, the doctor pulled out 5 stitches. Too tired to describe. It just hurts like hell.
Today, that doctor had an emergency leave, so the senior doctor of the clinic had a look at that finger. He tore out the bandage & simply went:" Ooh, an amputation!"
Observed that finger beneath a spotlight(or something) & a lens(argh...I'm forgetting all the nouns!) then went:" Is that a thread?" I told him that his collegue is supposed to have removed all stitches on Sunday.
[For those who don't have a clue: Stitches must be removed after one week, according to the Doctor's textbook]
" We shall dissolve the blood clot in hydrogen peroxide (remember oxidation?) and see how many stitches did she(other doc) miss," he said very confidently. "If we don't remove all the stitches your finger will develop infection & spread & we might have to amputate the entire finger." (GULP!)
(sigh...a li' tired to tell)So yea... I sat there with my darned finger creating effervescense in that darned solution, silently with all the mixed feelings boiling inside. For half a darned hour. Then the doc & the magnifying glass(HAH! now I recall) plucked 2 stitches out (so there was a total of 7 stitches) while humming "It's a Small World After All". He kinda have a cool sense of humour(for a doctor) after so severely asking my frantic mom to leave the room. He said that it'll recover, only thing is I'll go "Oh this li'guy is different from the other li'guy"(refering: middle fingers) while I tremble with that shit-like pain(bear with my grumpy expressions).
Hahaa...then he asked me to point my middle finger up high:" You don't get to point that finger to a doctor often,you know..." so could wrap my finger with gauze bleached all copper with some iodine solution.
Tomorrow, I have to unwrap that bandage. Expose it to the "fresh air". Let the clot dry out bla blah...
I couldn't bear to see that finger until today(which looks like shit), how can my classmates manage the sigh?
(BELCH~)

No comments: