Tuesday, October 14, 2008
ALOHA!
A child selling cotton candy at the courtyard of Mosque Al-Mursie Abu Al-Abbas, Alexandria (10 Oct 2008). The less fortunate folks would usually hang around the courtyard of the mosques on fridays hoping to receive donations from wealthier Muslim devotees. I did not buy his candy but gave him a pound for smiling for my camera (although I am not sure whether its enough for him to buy himself a pita bread) :
I am BACK! (kissin' our moist soil and inhalin' our tropical air...the airplane & time-zone difference were darned sickenin' -belch~ ) OmgOsh - Cairo was like a NOSTALGIC dream! The people, the houses, the palm trees, the dust seemed so familiar but so foreign! Too bad I was down with bouts of flu and fever since my 4th 'Egyptian' night (recovering now XD yay!) Didn't buy much of - (now to think of it...) nothing, compared to fellow travellers (let me answer once and for all why I don't get myself souvenirs...ss: I just can't force myself to buy stuff that I don't find necessary or really valuable...lolx don't scratch your head over it - it's just me*shrugs) Seen, touched, stepped onto and breathed in some of the most magnificent buildings in my life - especially the Bibliotheca (>.<) !!! Fill u all with pics later this weekend... XD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
can't wait for pics!
Post a Comment